Skillset: Energy assets compliance analysis and report writing with a good understanding of industrial heating, cooling, and electrical generation systems. Undertaking/managing small improvement projects, contract management and BMS/comms system modifications when required.
Direct Reports: N/A
Breathe Energy is a fast growing, dynamic and innovative participant in the UK Energy Services market, offering a flexible energy performance framework that delivers savings to its clients on a guaranteed basis.
Working directly for the Technical Asset Manager, your overarching responsibility will be to support the delivery technical support services for wider Asset Performance team and company’s clients, through innovative thinking, robust engineering, and compliance management at all stages of the programmes we execute.
This position will be based at a Breathe regional office, however the location of our projects and clients is diverse and will require flexibility to travel across the UK.
The key duties are:
- Responsible for the data collection systems operation and quality of performance and operational data.
- Assist with analysis of data and provide outputs such as benchmarking, load profile review, lifecycle, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure asset compliance against UK regulatory requirements and contractual obligations.
- Support Line Manager in project management activities
- Support with non-intrusive site audits to identify measures for savings such as lighting, HVAC, metering, fabric, central plant, infrastructure and/or renewables.
- Calculate potential savings, cost and simple payback for each measure using proprietary software, modelling tools and specialist information.
- Support the development of engineering solutions from design through to construction.
- Escort contractors onsite during surveys and tendering when required.
- Conduct data logging activities on client sites and assisting with AMR management.
- Support asset adoption process from concept to practical completion stage.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering or related discipline (Desirable).
- Member of Energy Institute, CIBSE or other relevant professional body (Desirable).
- BMS and Controls training / accreditation (Mandatory).
- Previous experience with exposure to mechanical or electrical plantroom environments (hospital experience preferential).
- Knowledge of energy saving technologies and familiarity with engineering principles to support energy saving opportunity identification and corresponding calculations.
- Knowledge of energy assets adoption processes.
- Familiarity with units of energy and basic energy equations.
- Familiarity with site operational performance against strict KPIs
- Familiarity with UK energy related regulations (i.e. metering, combustion plants, CHPQA etc)
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Proficiency in Excel (Macro experience not required).
- A good understanding of energy conservation technologies and their application.
- Excellent personal, time and resource management.
- Familiarity with the use/application of energy management analytical tools.
- Familiarity with the use/application of asset management systems
- A good H&S awareness
- Basic project management skills
- An excellent communicator, you will be self-driven with ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong English language comprehension (verbal and written).
- Eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter to (Info@BreatheEnergy.com).
The salary range for this role is £35k – £45k depending on experience.