Breathe is an innovative and dynamic industry leading Energy Performance Contracting company which specialises in delivering large scale carbon and energy reduction projects. Breathe has a solid reputation for these projects that are focused on infrastructure renewal to deliver operating cost savings and improved building environments for its clients. Breathe’s approach is focused on thoroughly understanding client needs and drivers, utilising our expertise in project development, in-house engineering and programme delivery, to build tailored solutions that deliver true benefit.
Breathe is part of Imtech, who are jointly owned by EDF Energy and Dalkia, and are one of the UK’s leading technical services engineering businesses.
We are looking for a BMS Project Engineer to be responsible for the design, specification and costing of BMS projects including major upgrades and refurbishment works..
Primary areas of responsibility are:
- Solution design and Specification: Overseeing the auditing, surveys and BMS design phases for all new projects ensuring a compliant and accurate design is costed and proposed.
- Client management: Working with and for the technical and work winning teams.
- Subcontractor management: Managing and coordinating of all BMS sub-contractor and third-party activity to ensure accurate and competitive designs and proposals are procured to aid work winning tenders and proposals
- Project and delivery Support: Ensuring the designs and project plans are delivered and/or handed over to the Project Management teams to ensure smooth delivery on forecast, plan and budgets. The role may involve direct delivery tasks and activities (Project Management, subcontractor documentation review, commissioning witnessing and handover) as and where required
Required Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- 10 years / suitable experience working on BMS Controls projects in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Experience of delivering projects in both the public and private sectors preferably (but not limited too) NHS, Government and local Authority environments.
- Ability and demonstrable experience in
- providing costed BMS design and Specifications with tendering knowledge
- Commercial and financial management.
- Knowledge of multiple BMS Systems
- BMS networks and remote communications
- Working safely with electrical systems and control panels.
- Working to company H&S and staff management policies and procedures.
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Awareness
Beneficial Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- BMS qualifications in all aspects of BMS Controls design and delivery.
- A thorough working knowledge or ability to produce controls design documentation, such as functional design specifications, alarm and trips matrices, cause and effect matrices, points lists and set point lists.
- A thorough working knowledge or ability to produce controls commissioning documentation, such as commissioning plans, and inspection and testing plans.
- Industry standard Electrical qualifications and/or competencies
- Managing (or co-ordination of) the site activities required as part of the BMS surveys, audits and data gathering
- Liaising with the client (internal and external) and attending site/client meetings.
- Liaising with regional/project managers on operational aspects solution and delivery.
- Liaising with the electrical installation and panel contractors.
- Assisting construction teams to ensure that projects are safely completed on time, budget and scope (handover completed and O&Ms issued).
- Assisting work winning teams with bids and project development requiring BMS and controls.
- Leading on day-to-day management of the BMS design and specification
- Own the delivery of the BMS design in accordance with the Breathe’s design management procedures which may include the following key requirements:
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate all site surveys, audits and data gathering activities to allow a BMS design and specification to be written.
- Be the interface with internal or 3rd party MEP designers to understand what schemes are being developed and agree descriptions of operation, points schedules, cable sizing for power supplies and MCP specification and include all this detail in the specification.
- Ensure all site activities are planned with Risks and Method Statements approved pre site mobilisation.
- Review all sub-contractor/supplier drawings and technical submittals for compliance, build and commissioning in line with Regulations and standards including CIBSE and BSRIA codes of practice as required.
- Competitive pricing processes to obtain best costs for design
- Provision of a clearly defined specification document to cover and detail all BMS design
- Clear and compliant proposals and business cases for all design and tenders
- Ongoing and regular reviews with Breathe technical teams – conception to award of the project.
- Assist project commercial team with valuation of the works associated with the works.
Project Planning and Delivery stage
What we offer:
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Breathe is an equal opportunity, flexible and family friendly employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you would like to be part of a growing company, please forward your up to date CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this role, your notice period and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.