Main Responsibilities & Key Outcomes
Breathe is seeking an experienced a Health & Safety Advisor to support our business and ensure we operate a safe environment across all our operations.
Working with the HSEQ Manager, you will be guiding the business through an exciting time of growth for Breathe, hence your ability to establish your personal and functional credibility and to build strong working relationships acting as a trusted advisor will be key. This is a full-time opportunity based from the Breathe offices in Central London with nationwide travel.
You will indirectly manage employees and sub-contractors employed on live and public facing projects including NHS, industrial and commercial.
- Deliver a comprehensive Safety and Health advisory and guidance service for Breathe across all parts of its operation including survey, design and construction to ensure all aspects of best practice safe working are established and maintained.
- Support Breathe’s pre-qualification process across Health, Safety, Environment and Quality components of bids.
- Monitor business wide compliance against Breathe and Imtech policies and objectives
- Work closely with Principal Designer in the planning phases of a project and help develop the Construction Phase Plan.
- Support the operations teams in reviewing high risk and critical Risk Assessments.
- Carry out HSEQ audits and inspections as directed by the Breathe and the Imtech HSEQ Director.
- Provide expert resource for investigations into incidents and near misses, illnesses and injuries in order to establish root causes and so make recommendations for changes and improvements to prevent reoccurrences
- Take a broad / long term perspective and proactively identify complex challenges and think systemically. Identify and offer solutions and drive implementation
- Work closely with the Breathe business leadership and Imtech HSEQ team to define appropriate safety initiatives and plans.
- Work on a range of HSEQ improvement projects and initiatives
- Support the development of sub-contractor and suppliers’ approach to HSEQ performance and compliance including onboarding assessments and ongoing performance monitoring.
- Support the business in maintaining and improving it’s ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations and related management systems.