Location: Hybrid Working –UK national travel (base office London or Leeds)
Skillset: Quantity Surveying
About the Role:
The Project Quantity Surveyor has a lead role in the delivery of cost consultancy services for our Energy Performance Contracts, reporting to and being supported by the Managing Quantity Surveyor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining the CVRs on allocated projects and meeting the monthly reporting cycle of the business.
- Assisting the business in achieving the target Gross Margin on each allocated project.
- Work alongside the Procurement Manager feeding into the procurement strategy and supporting the procurement of projects, including the preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Conducting tender analysis for the purpose of contractor appointments and data capture for benchmarking and future cost plans.
- Managing work packages post-contract to include change control and valuation, progress valuations, cost reports and final accounts, ensuring compliance with Contract Schedule.
- Managing the monthly application, certification and invoicing process with clients and sub-contractors.
- Working closely with the site operational management teams to maximise commercial understanding, efficiency and opportunities as they arise on site.
- Inputting into the company’s financial reporting tools as required, and providing focused reporting for cost budgets and appraisals.
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with internal and external parties to ensure efficient financial control.
- Identifying principal risks and opportunities, updating the relevant CVR R&O schedules to maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Compliance with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Representing and acting as an ambassador for the company in a professional and confidence-inspiring manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships and maintain quality of service.
Skills & Experience:
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC and JCT suites. Knowledge of energy performance frameworks including; Refit, ETL and the Carbon Energy Fund would be advantageous.
- Experience of Power and or Energy capital projects experience.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective in the range of up to £35m.
- Ability to standardise internal approach across functions to reduce closure time for opportunities and advance the deal cycle from detailed design to construction.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant construction cost management discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Ability to drive internal and external decision making timelines.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK with a valid driver’s license.