Breathe Energy is a fast growing, dynamic and innovative participant in the UK Energy Services market, offering a flexible energy performance framework that delivers savings to its clients on a guaranteed basis.
Working directly for the Head of Asset Performance, your overarching responsibility will be to undertake energy assessments to help develop new propositions from concept through to delivery including the measuring and improvement of the operational performance of existing sites. You shall also be responsible for liaising with clients in reporting the energy saving effectiveness of sites Breathe operate and maintain.
This position will be based at a Breathe regional office, however the location of our projects and clients is diverse and will require flexibility to travel across the UK.
The key duties are:
- Develop performance enhancing improvements from concept to initial investment proposal through to the M&V stage, interfacing with the Design Team to help develop an investment grade proposal
- To be the Breathe technical representative in client presentations and meetings as required.
- To report to the client in presentations and meetings energy reports aligned to contractual requirements.
- Feasibility study of existing buildings and services to identify poor energy efficiency and where improvements can be made.
- Model existing energy use against projected improvements and show prospective energy and cost savings
- Designing new plant and equipment arrangements, to provide best energy solutions, including new technologies, CHP engines, absorption chillers, heat pumps, fuel cells etc.
- Developing more efficient use of existing systems including heating, cooling, lighting etc.
- Supervise and manage energy efficiency saving projects beyond the design phase to safe delivery and post project measure, verification and review including on-site supervision where required to ensure safe execution.
- Researching and developing ways to generate new energy, reduce emissions from fossil fuels and minimize environmental damage.
- Be an active participant in the development of the business with respect to energy management, the development of systems and process and in innovation
As a Senior Energy Manager, you’ll need to:
- Have responsibility for the country wide portfolio of Breathe projects where applicable
- Be responsible for the management of the Graduate Energy Engineer to mentor and coach your team setting targets which shall benefit the individual, wider team, and business.
- Design, develop and optimise energy efficient solutions for complex M&E Schemes, to provide a cost effective NPV that clients will want to undertake with Breathe Energy.
- Project manage energy efficiency improvement projects from conception of safe delivery following all stages for effective project management on and off site.
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys taking account of current energy usage.
- Initiate optimisation projects all the way through from concept to delivery and M&V.
- Use mathematical and computer models to complete design and specification calculations, being accountable for your solutions.
- Keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and ahead of the market.
- Prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Work with Breathe and Imtech business units to develop a 360° solution for carbon reduction energy solutions including O&M and where necessary capital build.
- Liaise and negotiate with specialist contractors, geologists and other relevant organisations.
- Manage and keep up to date utility connections, G100 applications, CHPQA, CCL, capacity market and emissions legislation/regulation etc to ensure we comply.
- Develop technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environmental control for continuous development and learning.
- Be responsible for the site energy savings providing calculations to have predicted and mitigated any shortfalls.
You will need to show:
- Experience of managing people demonstrating leadership.
- A complete understanding and knowledge of the energy market and the workings of M&E systems and how we maximize the energy efficiency and savings from innovative energy designs.
- A full understanding of the energy market with respect to energy efficiency, carbon emissions and changing legislation/regulation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Scientific and mathematical ability
- Organizational and negotiation skills
- IT skills, including knowledge of Energy Models and ESOS Reporting
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of business, and how to achieve energy savings.
- A full understanding of the M&E and Energy Industry
- Initiative and the ability to recognize emerging problems and proactively develop solutions.
- Self-motivating, resolving issues from your own initiative.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a related subject, CEng (or working towards), Member of Energy Institute, preferably CIBSE LCEA or equivalent.
- Specialist in energy and carbon performance: Energy & carbon management; Lighting; HVAC; Central Plant; Energy generation; infrastructure (e.g. district heat & HV); Renewables; Metering & monitoring; Building fabric; Strategy and change management.
- Comprehensive understanding of energy conservation measures and the process to deliver studies accordingly.
- Proficient in the use/application of analytical tools including Excel, Macro, Energy Pro etc.
What we offer:
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Breathe is an equal opportunity, flexible and family friendly employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you would like to be part of a growing company, please forward your up to date CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this role, your notice period and your salary expectations to our firstname.lastname@example.org.