Skillset: Energy analysis and report writing with an understanding of industrial heating, cooling, and electrical generation systems
Direct Reports: M&V Analyst
Breathe provide sustainable carbon and energy reduction solutions through the design and construction of large scale infrastructure renewal and renewables projects. The highest Health, Safety and Environmental standards are the foundation of everything we do.
You, as part of the Breathe team, have an essential role within the organisation as you are responsible for helping the business achieve the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environmental performance and doing so within an inclusive health and safety culture where everyone feels responsible and included. You will also be the business owner for Breathe’s Quality Management Systems.
Breathe is part of Imtech, who are jointly owned by EDF Energy and Dalkia, and one of the UK’s leading technical services engineering businesses.
Working directly for the Head of Asset Performance, your overarching responsibility will be to support the delivery of a true “end to end” energy services model through innovative thinking, robust engineering and flexible delivery at study, implementation, and measurement and verification (M&V) stages of the programmes we execute.
This Senior M&V Analyst position will be based at a Breathe regional office in either London or Leeds, however the location of our projects and clients is diverse and will require flexibility to travel across the UK.
The key duties are:
- Responsible for the collection, collation and sanitising of existing consumption, performance and operational data.
- Assist with analysis of data and provide outputs such as benchmarking, load profile review and regression.
- Support with non-intrusive site audits to identify measures for savings such as lighting, HVAC, metering, fabric, central plant, infrastructure and/or renewables.
- Calculate potential savings, cost and simple payback for each measure using proprietary software, modelling tools and specialist information.
- Contribute narrative on each of the measures including graphs, diagrams and photographs for insertion into the project deliverable as required by the senior engineers.
- Support the development of engineering solutions from design through to construction.
- Escort contractors onsite during surveys and tendering when required.
- Conduct data logging activities on client sites.
- Working directly with external clients, Breathe’s senior leaders and internal energy specialists, your overarching responsibility will be to support our investment grade studies for energy conservation measures through to contractual operation for the contracted period.
- Management of a small team (1x M&V Analyst at beginning)
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering or related discipline (Mandatory).
- Member of Energy Institute, CIBSE or other relevant professional body (Desirable).
- CMVP (IPMVP qualification for M&V)
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years post grad experience with exposure to mechanical or electrical plantroom environments (hospital experience preferential).
- Knowledge of energy saving technologies and familiarity with engineering principles to support energy saving opportunity identification and corresponding calculations.
- Familiarity with units of energy and basic energy equations.
- Experience of working with key external stakeholders discussing site operational performance against strict KPIs
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Moderate proficiency in Excel (Macro experience not required).
- Preferred experience in people management
- A good understanding of energy conservation technologies and their application.
- Good personal, time and resource management.
- Experience with the use/application of energy management analytical tools.
- An excellent communicator, you will be self-driven with ability to work independently and within a team and to lead your team member(s).
- Strong English language comprehension (verbal and written).
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What we offer:
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Breathe is an equal opportunity, flexible and family friendly employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you would like to be part of a growing company, please forward your up to date CV, together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suitable for this role, your notice period and your salary expectations to our email@example.com.